What is an Author’s Platform and How Do You Build One?
By Nina Amir
Every author needs a platform--a built-in readership. You need one to sell your books, ebooks and other products and services. You need one if you want to land a contract from a publishing company; they expect you to have readers ready and waiting to purchase your book. Thus, you must build this platform long before you decide to release a book. You need to do this prior to releasing any other printed product as well.
How do you build this coveted platform? With newsletters, blogs, social networking, websites, ezine articles, and spoken words. This special report will teach you the basics of how to put all these "rocks" together to create a strong platform upon which you as an author can stand. It's filled with tips and tools you can implement immediately, including:
- 4 Tips for Writing Newsletters that Build Lists
- 6 tips for Successful and Efficient Social Networking
- 4 Tips for Building Author Platform with a Blog
- 3 Techniques for Building an Author’s Platform with Your Website
- 6 Ways to Build Author Platform Using Spoken Words
What is an Author’s Platform and How Do You Build One? eBook