As June comes to a close, some people settle in for a few more months of summer fun and relaxation. Others focus on the fact that half the year has passed by seemingly in the blink of an eye, and they still have so much to accomplish before December 31. If you fall into the latter group, you’re probably conducting a personal, spiritual, and professional review of your goals for the year.
Or you should be…
Indeed, the end of June is a critical time to measure your progress in all life arenas. Implementing a review process is the only way to know if you are on the way to accomplishing your goals. How do you do that? I suggest using the following three steps to create a mid-year high-performance review in three areas:
- Recall your goals for the year. Choose your top three personal, spiritual, and professional goals.
- Measure your progress toward these goals using six pillars of high-performance (https://ninaamir.com/master-the-6-pillars-of-high-performance/) and determine where you need improvement to increase your ability to get results.
- Choose new strategies and habits related to the six pillars, and apply them to your efforts for the next six months.
How to Conduct a Mid-Year High-Performance Review
You likely chose goals at the beginning of the year. Recall what they are, and then select three goals for each life arena—personal, spiritual, and professional. That’s the easy part.
Next, rank how you are progressing toward each goal using a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest score, in each high-performance pillar (below). Base your ranking on how well you’ve applied each high-performance pillar to the achievement of your goal. For instance, when you work toward your goals:
- Do you do so with high and positive physical, emotional, and mental energy?
- Do you take on related tasks without negative mental chatter or unsupportive beliefs holding you back?
- Are you focused and single-minded as you work, so you are as productive as possible?
- Is your mind trained on the activity at hand or on the past or future?
- Is each task “on-purpose” for you—will it help you fulfill your purpose?
Last, determine one needle-moving activity that would increase your score considerably for each high-performance pillar. Apply a new strategy or action that enhances your performance and makes a massive difference in your ability to achieve your goal.
The High-Performance Pillars
I consider the following six aspects of high performance the foundation of success. Each pillar has been proven to help people succeed in any endeavor in any area of life. You will find yourself more able to move toward the successful achievement of your goals, too, if you put them to use.
In my work as a Certified High Performance Coach, I see my clients make huge strides toward their dreams and goals by merely learning to master their physiology, psychology, productivity, persuasion ability, presence, and purpose. That’s why I chose to introduce this ranking system to your mid-year goal review.
The following description will help you rank how well you have used these pillars to achieve your goals.
- Physiology—the physical, mental, and emotional energy you bring to your activities, relationships, exercise, actions, work, etc.
- Psychology—your thoughts and beliefs; your mindset; the habits that result from your mindset.
- Productivity—how effective and focused you are when taking on activities, tasks, conversations, exercise, relationships, etc.; your ability to stay on task and not be distracted.
- Persuasion—the influence you have with yourself and others; your ability to challenge others, help them think differently, and be a role model; the degree to which you motivate and inspire yourself and others.
- Presence—your ability to stay focused on a task, person, conversation, or activity; how distracted you are at any given moment; how much time you spend living in the past or future rather than the present.
- Purpose—your mission or calling; how much time you spend taking action to fulfill your mission or calling; if you are sharing your special gift or way of contributing to others and the world; if your actions support your purpose.
Examples of a High-Performance Mid-Year Review
To demonstrate how you will conduct your mid-year review, I’ve provided examples in each area—personal, spiritual, and professional. I’ve also included a blank review chart for you to fill out just below the examples. (You can right-click and save as an image to download them to your computer.)
Now it’s your turn.
Conduct a Personal Review
This review focuses on your personal goals. Choose three goals, and rank yourself using a scale of 1 to 10 for each pillar of high performance listed above. Then choose a need-moving activity for each pillar—one action that makes a huge difference in your efforts to achieve your goals in the next six months.
Conduct a Spiritual Review
This review focuses on your spiritual goals. Choose three goals, and rank yourself using a scale of 1 to 10 for each pillar of high performance listed above. Then choose a need-moving activity for each pillar—one action that makes a huge difference in your efforts to achieve your goals in the next six month
Conduct a Professional Review
This review focuses on your professional goals. Choose three goals, and rank yourself using a scale of 1 to 10 for each pillar of high performance listed above. Then choose a need-moving activity for each pillar—one action that makes a huge difference in your efforts to achieve your goals in the next six month
If you haven’t moved toward your goals fast enough over the first six months of the year, don’t chalk the year up as lost. Decide to make some needle-moving changes and take massive action to move you forward faster over the next half a year.
After completing this review, you’ll have new strategies for achieving your goals that you can apply immediately. In fact, you’ll have six new ways to approach each one of your goals. And that will surely move the needle and get you speeding toward the results you desire.
Did you find this review process helpful? Tell me in a comment below. And if you know someone who would benefit from reading this post, please share it!
Never miss one of my videos! Click here to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Do you want to create change in your life? Do you long for real transformation? Would your life to be more meaingful, spiritual, and purposeful? Give me 90 minutes of your time, and I’ll help you discover the inspired next steps that will help you achieve the personal and spiritual growth you desire. In the process, you’ll take huge strides toward fulfilling your potential and purpose and realizing your dreams. Apply for a FREE Certified High Performance Coaching strategy session. Fill out this application.
Or register for my Certified High Performance Group Coaching program here. It’s a great option if you don’t feel ready for one-on-one coaching and want to enjoy the power of group learning.
Photo courtesy of Alexas_Fotos