Do you ever wonder if you are making the right decision, feel confused about what to do next, or find yourself unsure about the role you play in a given situation? If so, you lack clarity. Clarity helps you achieve your potential and purpose.
Lack of clarity leaves you questioning and wondering in all areas of your life. It stops you from taking steps toward your goals and dreams.
On the other hand, clarity gives you the clear direction you want and need to move forward and create the career, relationships, and life you desire. In fact, clarity also helps you become the person you want to be.
What Happens When You See (or Don’t See) Clearly
Think about it: When you feel unclear about a goal, you have difficulty achieving it. If you don’t know where you are going, you get or feel lost. If you have no idea where you stand in a relationship, you feel uncomfortable and unsure about how to behave. And if you don’t know why you should do something, you lack committed to taking action.
Clarity helps bring the result you desire, your destination, your connection to others, and your purpose into focus. With this type of vision, you stop questioning and wondering and take decisive action in any (and all) areas of your life.
When you clearly see yourself—strengths and weaknesses—you can decide to improve yourself. You can choose to be more outgoing, present in your relationships, or courageous, for example. You can change self-defeating habits, thoughts, and beliefs into ones that support you.
If you have a blurred vision of yourself, though, you continue to behave in the manner you have in the past and retain the same attitude, beliefs, thoughts, and habits. And that only gets you the results you’ve achieved to date. If you want different results, you need to change your behavior and mindset.
10 Ways to Gain Clarity
Getting clear isn’t always easy. However, the following tips and strategies can help you gain clarity:
- Ask friends and co-workers for feedback about how to improve yourself or your performance.
- Evaluate your results. What actions, thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors currently help you succeed, fulfill your purpose, or achieve your potential. (Do more of this!)
- Consult with an expert—a coach, counselor, or therapist.
- Journal daily about your feelings, thoughts, actions, and behaviors. Use what you write as a way to pinpoint problem areas and solutions.
- Describe your perfect day, job, relationship, health condition, etc.
- Describe who you’d like to be if you could be anything.
- Describe how you would like to be known or remembered.
- Ask people how they would describe you. Decide if you like the words they use. If not, choose descriptors you like—and live into them daily.
- Evaluate what you like to do, are good at, or have passion for.
- Evaluate what you don’t like to do, aren’t good at, or feel disinterested in.
Now use this information to help you make your decisions and take action to move toward your dreams and goals. The clarity you gain will help you fulfill your purpose and potential.
In what areas of your life do you have clarity? How does that help you succeed?
If you want to develop high-performance skills, habits, and character traits so you Achieve More Inspired Results in all areas of your life, discover how Certified High Performance Coaching might help you fulfill your potential and live your life with more clarity, courage, energy, productivity, and influence—and success. Apply for a 1-hour FREE High Performance Strategy Session with me today when you click here. Download the free-session application, and submit it. If you are a good fit for Certified High Performance Coaching, I’ll contact you to schedule a session. (Apply to find out how you can receive a FREE ticket to Brendon Burchard’s next High Performance Academy – valued at $997.)
Photo courtesy of wavebreak_media|Stockfresh.com